Conference—to be held October 13-15, 2019 at Taj Palace, New Delhi—will gather energy leaders to further important dialogue on India’s new energy future
Energy ministers, senior industry executives and leading national and international energy experts will be among the featured speakers at India Energy Forum by CERAWeek, October 13-15 in New Delhi. The event, now in its third year, is hosted by IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Featured speakers will include:
- Hon. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, minister of petroleum and natural gas and minister of steel, Government of India
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general of OPEC
- Ajay Kumar Dixit, CEO, Cairn Oil and Gas – Vedanta Ltd.
- Bob Dudley, group CEO, BP
- Hon. Shri Piyush Goyal, minister of railways and minister of commerce and industry, Government of India
- Patrick Pouyanné, chairman and CEO, TOTAL S.A.
- Shashi Shanker, chairman and managing director, ONGC Ltd.
- Prabhat Singh, managing director and CEO, Petronet LNG Ltd.
- Sanjiv Singh, chairman, India Oil Corporation
“We are pleased to be hosting the third India Energy Forum by CERAWeek again under the patronage of Minister Pradhan and the Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,” said Daniel Yergin, IHS Markit vice chairman and Pulitzer Prize-winning author. “India is building a new energy future, which is having decisive global impact, and the world has taken note. The event will provide an important platform for this important discussion on the opportunities, challenges and strategies in the fast-changing world of energy, and India’s role in it.”
India Energy Forum by CERAWeek will convene an international group of speakers and delegates as well as a community of a thousand delegates from India and regional energy companies, energy-related industries, institutions and governments.
Key themes to be explored will include:
- How Will India Meet Its Energy and Climate Goals?
- Role of Gas in India's Future Energy Mix
- Increasing Domestic Oil and Gas Supply: Path to reduce India's import dependence
- Attracting International Technology and Investment in India's Energy Sector
- Disruption of Transportation: Electrification of the vehicle fleet – How fast?
- Role of Petrochemicals for "Make in India"
- Role of Hydrogen
- Turmoil in the World Oil Market
- The Surge of LNG: Impact on global markets
- Energy Security: A new calculus
“The energy markets in India are playing an increasingly important role in the developments shaping the world of energy,” said Atul Arya, senior vice president and chief energy strategist, IHS Markit. “It really is a microcosm for all the forces shaping the energy future. India Energy Forum by CERAWeek is a unique opportunity for leaders to examine the fundamental challenges and opportunities to provide sustainable, secure and affordable energy choices to the people of India.”
Visit https://indiaenergy.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information. Session times, topics and speakers are subject to change.
Registration for members of the news media:
Media registration is open for members of the news media that wish to cover India Energy Forum by CERAWeek.
All members of the media are required to apply for accreditation. Registrations are not transferrable.
Applications for media credentials can be submitted at the following link: https://bit.ly/2nEzt1i
Registered journalists will be able to attend the main conference program that begins Monday, October 14.
A designated work room for credentialed news media will be provided on site.
Background Information about IHS Markit in India:
IHS Markit started its first center in India in 2005, and currently has more than 3,000 employees across Delhi’s National Capital Region, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Mumbai. India represents the firm’s largest employee base outside of the United States and the United Kingdom.
IHS Markit works closely with governments and organizations in the Indian subcontinent across core sectors of energy & natural resources; automotive; financial markets, maritime & trade; and engineering & product design.
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2019 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.