Newsroom

News Release

ANPG of Angola Announces Petroleum Concessions Award Results for Three Hydrocarbon Blocks from 2019 Bid Round

ANPG of Angola Announces Petroleum Concessions Award Results for Three Hydrocarbon Blocks from 2019 Bid Round

Awards for frontier deepwater blocks 27, 28, and 29 in Namibe Basin

January 16, 2020



HOUSTON (Jan. 16, 2020) – ANPG, the National Agency of Petroleum, Gas and Biofuels of Angola (ANPG), has announced the winners of three concession awards from its 2019 bid round for hydrocarbon blocks in the Namibe and Benguela Basins. The three blocks awarded are 27, 28, and 29, and all three are located offshore in the deepwater Namibe Basin. This announcement is pursuant to the provisions of Number 4, Presidential Decree 86/18, of April 2, 2019, and in compliance with the predefined 2019 ANPG Bid Round calendar. 

Global business information provider  IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) was selected by ANPG to facilitate the 2019 licensing round and related activities. ANPG is the national concessionaire for Angola, which holds mineral rights for the exploration, development and production of liquid and gas hydrocarbons in the West African country.

Sonangol, the national oil company of Angola, has been awarded a working interest of varying percentages in all three blocks, and is joined by others as operators or shareholders, including ENI, TOTAL, Equinor and BP. 

Sonangol carries a 35% interest in block 27. The remaining 65% interest in block 27 remains open and is available for negotiation by other interested companies, ANPG said. ENI was awarded operator rights for block 28, with a 60% interest, followed by Sonangol, which will carry a 20% interest, leaving 20% open for negotiations by other interested parties. Block 29 was awarded to TOTAL as operator with a 46% interest, followed by Equinor at 24.50% interest, Sonangol at 20% interest, and BP with a 9.5% concession share.

ANPG said dates, venues and terms for negotiation sessions have not yet been set but will be announced soon. Parties interested in taking available interest in blocks 27 or 28, should contact  jon.story@ihsmarkit.com

The blocks awarded, which are all considered frontier, currently have no hydrocarbon production. A total of 10 frontier blocks were made available for concession in the 2019 round, which initiated with round presentations in Fall 2019. Other blocks offered during the 2019 licensing round included 11, 12, 13, 41, 42 and 43 in the Namibe Basin, and block 10 in the Benguela Basin.

####

About IHS Markit ( www.ihsmarkit.com)

IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit has more than 50,000 business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. 

IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2020 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved. 

If you prefer not to receive news releases from IHS Markit, please email  melissa.manning@ihsmarkit.com. To read our privacy policy,  click here.

News Media Contact:

Melissa Manning
IHS Markit
+1 713 906 2901
melissa.manning@ihsmarkit.com

Press Team
+1 303 858-6417
press@ihsmarkit.com
Follow @IHS_News

News powered by iR Direct —
Copyright © 2020 Issuer Direct Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.