IHS CERAWeek to Feature the 2015 Class of Energy Innovation Pioneers
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (April 17, 2015) -- Seventeen energy innovation pioneers have been selected to present at the IHS CERAWeek 2015 executive conference, April 20-24 at the Hilton Americas – Houston. This year’s pioneers were chosen based on their potential to transform the energy future. Criteria included creativity, feasibility of plan, scalability of technology and leadership team.
The Energy Innovation Pioneers program, held annually in conjunction with IHS CERAWeek, aims to identify the most innovative and distinctive new technologies in the energy spectrum, including upstream oil and gas, new materials, water management, data analytics, monitoring and assessment, energy efficiency and demand response, transmission and distribution, electric storage and nuclear. Kristian Bodek, IHS Energy director, will chair the breakfast sessions, to be held April 21-23 from 7:30 – 8:45 a.m. CST.
“This year we celebrate our 10th anniversary,” Bodek said. “Since its inception, the pioneers program has featured many of the world’s leading early-stage ventures in energy.”
“The past decade has witnessed a great bubbling of energy innovation. However, market conditions have changed,” said Jamey Rosenfield, IHS senior vice president and co-chairman of IHS CERAWeek. “This year’s class is navigating the challenges and opportunities created by the current low oil price environment and shifting industry priorities.”
The Energy Innovation Pioneers for 2015 include:
- AC Kinetics - Neil Singer, President & CTO
- Alevo - Jostein Eikeland, Chairman & CEO
- Alphabet Energy - Matthew L. Scullin, Founder & CEO
- Bidgely - Abhay Gupta, CEO & Founder
- C3 Energy - Thomas Siebel, Chairman & CEO
- Fishbones AS - Eirik Renli, CEO
- Gridco Systems - Naimish Patel, CEO
- Hunt Advanced Drilling Technologies - Todd Benson, CTO
- Kurion - Gaëtan Bonhomme, CTO
- Liquiglide - Dave Smith, CEO
- NuScale Power - Jose N. Reyes, CTO
- Petroleum Technology - Sergey Shumilin, CEO
- Veolia CeraMem - Bruce Bishop, Vice President
- Veros Systems - Jim Dechman, President & CEO
- Wearable Intelligence - Yan-David Erlich, CEO
- Woods Hole Center for Marine Robotics Technology - Andy Bowen, Principal Engineer
- Zahroof Valves Inc. - Tony Gioffredi, CEO
This year’s program will once again include a Pioneer Showcase, industry presentations by current and past pioneers, held concurrently with the main conference agenda.
IHS CERAWeek is recognized as a leading forum offering insight into the energy future. Chaired by IHS Vice Chairman and Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Daniel Yergin, IHS CERAWeek 2015, Turning Point: Energy’s New World will convene more than 2,800 delegates from more than 50 countries and more than 300 speakers to examine the new risks and realities to be faced in energy markets, technologies and geopolitics.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.