IHS CERAWeek to Feature the 2014 Class of Energy Innovation Pioneers
Seventeen Energy Innovation Pioneers have been selected to present at the IHS CERAWeek 2014 executive conference, March 3-7 at the Hilton Americas – Houston. This year’s pioneers were chosen based on their potential to transform the energy future. Criteria included creativity, feasibility of plan, scalability of technology and leadership team.
The Energy Innovation Pioneers program, held annually in conjunction with IHS CERAWeek, aims to identify the most innovative and distinctive new technologies in the energy spectrum, including upstream oil and gas, alternative fuels, water management, automotive, monitoring and assessment, energy efficiency, carbon capture, renewables and electric storage. IHS Energy Director Kristian Bodek will chair the breakfast sessions, to be held March 4-6 from 7:30 – 8:45 a.m. CST.
“This year’s selection process was the most competitive yet,” said Bodek, who leads the program. “A panel of technology experts from across IHS chose 17 companies from a field of more than 250.”
“At its heart, this program is about introducing successful entrepreneurs and the exciting technology companies they represent to the senior executives represented at IHS CERAWeek,” added Jamey Rosenfield, IHS senior vice president and chairman of the Energy Innovation Pioneers at IHS CERAWeek.
The Energy Innovation Pioneers for 2014 include:
- AquaMost – Todd Asmuth, CEO
- EarthRisk Technologies – John Plavan, CEO and Chairman
- Eos – Steve Hellman, President and Co-Founder
- Gradient Corporation – Anurag Bajpayee, CEO and Co-Founder
- itRobotics – Anouar Jamoussi, President and CEO
- LanzaTech – Jennifer Holmgren, CEO
- Liquid Robotics Oil and Gas – Rod Nelson, President and Managing Director
- Net Power – Bill Brown, CEO
- Phononic Devices – Anthony Atti, CEO
- Powerit Solutions – Kevin Klustner, CEO
- Retroficiency – Bennett Fisher, CEO and Co-Founder
- Sakti3 – Ann Marie Sastry, President and CEO
- Sekal – Bill Chmela, President Americas
- Senscient – Rajat Barua, President and CEO
- Silixa – Mahmoud Farhadiroushan, CEO
- Taxon Biosciences – Glenn Nedwin, President and CEO
- XL Hybrids – Tod Hynes, President and Founder
This year’s program will once again include a Pioneer Showcase as well as industry presentations by current and past pioneers, held concurrently with the main conference agenda.
IHS Energy CERAWeek is recognized as a leading forum offering insight into the energy future. Chaired by IHS Vice Chairman and Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Daniel Yergin, IHS Energy CERAWeek 2014, Energy and the New Global Competition, will bring together more than 2,500 delegates and feature more than 250 distinguished speakers to examine the accelerating pace of change in energy markets, technologies and geopolitics amidst a rapidly evolving competitive landscape.
# # #
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs more than 8,000 people in 31 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2014 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.